Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grade Twelve. No more.

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep By Mary E. Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow, 
I am the diamond glints of snow, 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain, 
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not stand at me grave and cry, 
I am not there I did not die.


'Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep' is a poem about the beauty that can be found in death. I chose to write my poem on death as well, and the obvious truth about it.

No More by Rhea Salinas

Slipping out of consciousness. 
*What a feeling of absolute bliss*
No more phobia, no more fear, 
No more evil left to hear. 
No more pain, no more sorrow, 
Nothing but an endless tomorrow.
Though there be no more strife, 
There is also a loss of life. 
No more joy, no more glee,
No more chances to be happy. 
No more thinking, 
No need for reasoning.
No more gladness, no more fun.
Your life is finished. Over. Done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment